Regulations of the online store
1. The STORKS online store available at www.storks.com.pl is run by STORKS limited liability company with its registered office at ul. Sikorskiego 2, 39-400 Tarnobrzeg, entered into the National Court Register by the District Court in Rzeszów, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under the number KRS 0000360255, with share capital of PLN 5,000.00, NIP 8672210788, REGON 180550643.
2.These Regulations are addressed both to Consumers and Entrepreneurs using the Store and define the rules of using the Online Store, the rules and procedure for concluding Agreements with the Customer at a distance via the Store.
3.STORKS is a production service upon request. Each Product is made from scratch for individual customer orders.
1. Consumer - a natural person concluding a contract with the Seller as part of the Store, the subject of which is not directly related to its business or professional activity.
2. Seller - STORKS limited liability company with its registered office at ul. Sikorskiego 2, 39-400 Tarnobrzeg, entered into the National Court Register by the District Court in Rzeszów, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000360255, with share capital of PLN 5,000.00, NIP 8672210788, REGON 180550643.
3. Customer - each entity making purchases through the Store.
4. Entrepreneur - a natural person, a legal person and an organizational unit that is not a legal person, to which a separate act grants legal capacity, performing on its own behalf an economic activity that uses the Store.
5. Store - an online store run by the Seller at the Internet address www.storks.com.pl
6. Distance contract - a contract concluded with the Customer as part of an organized system of concluding distance contracts (as part of the Store), without the simultaneous physical presence of the parties, with the sole use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the conclusion of the contract.
7. Regulations - these Store regulations.
8. Order - Customer's declaration of will submitted via the Order Form and aimed directly at concluding an Agreement with the Seller.
9. Account - customer account in the Store, it contains data provided by the Customer and information about Orders placed by him in the Store.
10.Registration form - a form available in the Store that allows you to create an Account.
11.Order form - a form that allows placing an Order, in particular by adding Products to the Basket and defining the terms of the Agreement.
12. Cart - an element of the Store's software, in which the Products selected for purchase are visible, and it is also possible to determine and modify the Order data, in particular the quantity of products.
13. Product - a movable item / service available in the Store which is the subject of the Agreement between the Customer and the Seller.
14. Agreement - a civil law contract concluded between the Customer and the Seller via the Online Store. The provisions of the Agreement shall apply accordingly to the contract for the provision of services.
Contact with the Store
1. Seller's address: ul. Strefowa 5, 39-400 Tarnobrzeg
2. Seller's e-mail address: email@example.com
3.The Seller's telephone number is 783 993 303
4. The Customer may communicate with the Seller using the addresses and telephone numbers provided in this paragraph.
5. The Customer may communicate by phone with the Seller between 09:00 and 17:00.
1. The Seller, to the fullest extent permitted by law, shall not be liable for any disruptions, including interruptions in the functioning of the Store, caused by force majeure, unlawful actions of third parties or incompatibility of the Online Store with the Customer's technical infrastructure.
2. Viewing the Store's assortment does not require creating an Account. Placing orders by the Customer for Products in the Store's assortment is possible either after creating an Account in accordance with the provisions of § 5 of the Regulations or by providing the necessary personal and address data enabling the Order to be completed without creating an Account.
3. The prices given in the Store are given in Polish zlotys and are gross prices (including VAT).
4.The final (final) amount to be paid by the Customer consists of the price for the Product and the cost of delivery (including charges for transport, delivery and postal services), about which the Customer is informed on the Store's website when placing the Order, including the moment of expressing the will to be bound by the Agreement.
5. In the case of an Agreement covering the provision of services for an indefinite period, the final (final) price is the total price of the all payments for the billing period.
Creating an Account in the Store
1.To open an Account in the Store, you must complete the Registration Form. Creating an Account in the Store is free.
2. Logging in to the Account is done by entering the login and password set in the Registration Form.
3. The Customer may at any time, without giving a reason and without incurring any fees, delete the Account by sending an appropriate request to the Seller, in particular via e-mail or in writing to the addresses provided in § 3 of the Regulations.
Rules for placing an Order
In order to place an Order:
1.log in to the Store or place an Order without registration via e-mail
2. select the Product that is the subject of the Order, and then click the "Add to Cart" (or equivalent) button;
3.click the "Order and pay" button and confirm the order,
4. choose one of the available payment methods and, depending on the method of payment, pay for the order within a specified period.
5.if an Order has been placed without registration - fill in the "Information about order details" form by entering the data indicated in it
Delivery and payment methods offered
1. The customer may use the following methods of delivery or collection of the ordered product: courier.
2. Personal collection available at ul. Strefowa 5, 39-400 Tarnobrzeg
3. The customer can use the following payment methods
• Payment by bank transfer to the Seller's account
• Electronic payments
• Payment by credit card
4. Ordered products are shipped via FedEx courier. After delivery, the Product should be checked in the presence of the courier. In the event of damage to the shipment, a damage report should be prepared immediately.
Conclusion of the contract
1. The offered Products are only model pictures / photos. The customer does not receive the original image in an electronic version, but only a copy consistent with the motif prepared on the selected surface and according to the selected technique. After receiving the payment confirmation, the offered Products are printed individually according to the Customer's order, on request or if necessary, they can be corrected, scaled and photomontaged.
2. Each ordered Product must be configured by the Customer according to his individual wishes. It defines the parameters of the order: by selecting a specific photo, material, printout size, color version and possibly finishing options.
3. The conclusion of the Agreement between the Customer and the Seller takes place after the Customer has placed an Order in the manner described in § 6 of the Regulations.
4. After placing the Order, the Seller immediately confirms its receipt and at the same time accepts the Order for execution. Upon receipt of the above e-mail by the Customer, an Agreement is concluded between the Customer and the Seller.
5.If the Customer chooses:
a. payment by bank transfer, electronic payment or payment by credit card, the Customer is obliged to make the payment within 7 calendar days from the date of the Agreement - otherwise the order will be canceled.
b. payment on delivery upon delivery, the Customer is obliged to make the payment upon delivery.
c. cash payment upon personal collection of the parcel, the Customer is obliged to make the payment upon delivery.
6. Personal collection of the Product by the Customer is free of charge
Complaint and warranty
1. The Agreement covers new Products.
2. The Seller is obliged to provide the Customer with an item free from defects.
3. In the event of a defect in the goods purchased from the Seller, the Customer (Consumer) has the right to make a complaint based on the provisions of the warranty in the Civil Code, excluding the right to withdraw from the contract, as referred to in § 9 of the Regulations. If the Client is an Entrepreneur, the parties exclude liability under the warranty.
4. Complaints should be submitted in writing or electronically to the addresses of the Seller provided in these Regulations.
5. It is recommended that the complaint include, inter alia, a brief description of the defect, the circumstances (including the date) of its occurrence, data of the Customer submitting the complaint, and the Customer's request in relation to the Product defect.
6. The Seller will respond to the complaint immediately, no later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the complaint, and if he does not do so within this period, it is considered that the Customer's request was considered justified.
Personal data in the Online Store
1.The administrator of personal data of Customers obtained in order to perform the Agreement, and if the Customer agrees - also for marketing purposes, is the Seller via the Online Store.
2. The recipients will give personal customers of the Online Store may be:
a. In the case of a Customer who uses the Online Store with the method of delivery by post or courier, the Administrator provides the Customer's collected personal data to the selected carrier or intermediary performing the shipment at the request of the Administrator.
b. In the case of a Customer who uses the Online Store with the method of electronic payments or with a payment card, the Administrator provides the collected personal data of the Customer to the selected entity servicing the above payments in the Online Store.
3. The customer has the right to access their data and correct them.
4. Providing personal data is voluntary, but failure to provide the personal data indicated in the Regulations necessary to conclude the Agreement results in the inability to conclude this agreement.
1. Agreements concluded through the Online Store are concluded in Polish.
2. The Seller reserves the right to amend the Regulations for important reasons, that is: changes in the law, changes in payment and delivery methods - to the extent to which these changes affect the implementation of the provisions of these Regulations.
3. In matters not covered by these Regulations, generally applicable provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular: the Civil Code; the act on the provision of electronic services; the Act on Consumer Rights, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data.
4.Detailed information on the possibility for the Consumer to use extrajudicial means of dealing with complaints and redress and the rules of access to these procedures are available at the offices and on the websites of poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsmen, social organizations whose statutory tasks include consumer protection, Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection.